About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom
I like to eat but I like to shop more...so shoot me! Actually please don't because then I will just be dead. Thanks

Sunday 28 November 2010

Laced in dreams

Ooooh, it’s winter and what does winter mean....minus two degrees, having to wrestle with the door in the morning because the locks are frozen shut, having to wear military boots with everything, whether it looks nice or not, having to almost hug bus drivers when they arrive at the bus stop for saving you from the cold, having to buy long johns, suddenly not being allowed to eat ice cream, mysteriously putting on half a stone even though your eating habits seemingly haven’t changed.....


But on the plus side....you can eat apple pie and custard without judgment, your over the knee socks finally seem like an extremely prudent purchase (even if you can only wear them underneath your over the knee boots, which goes underneath your over the knee dress and your over the ankle coat).
Most importantly though...you can wear lace. It is rather a fave of mine (although the queen of lace is in-fact http://blazerwhore.blogspot.com/ )  however I rarely get the urge to wear it except when embracing my inner Marie Antoinette during the winter months. It seems I am in good company with Valentino, Dolce and Gabbana and Cavalli showcasing lace for the fall, i think I might be on to a winner! Now all I need to do is stop pretending that the cooker is a radiator and I will have a fabo winter!















 I layered a dress thingy over a lace skirt and wore the shoes that my mum kindly fixed for me and I felt like such an innovator...then I just had to go to the library and all of my happiness vanished.


2 comments:

  1. love this outfit. its really cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. aaaw thank you! you should have seen the glee on my face when I realised I could create an entire dress out of the useless stuff I bought at Primark. I was not all that impressed with the minus 14 cold and soon after these pictures were taken I was wearing 2 cardigans a coat and a snood!

    ReplyDelete